Search This Blog

Sunday 20 March 2016

Single Song Sunday

This month's "Single Song Sunday" features a Randy Newman song that I chose because it was overcast earlier. Needless to say it has turned into a lovely sunny weather. That's the British weather for you, folks, guaranteed to mess up your plans.

Alongside Randy himself we have heavyweights such as Nina Simone, Joe Cocker, Peggy Lee and - in the clip - Dusty Springfield. The Mandatory Reggae Version comes from, ahem, UB40 (in my defence, this was very early in their career when they were still pretty good). Keeping it in the family, we also feature Ali and Robin Campbell's dear old dad, Ian Campbell.

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - Randy Newman

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - Peggy Lee

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - Nina Simone

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - Maxine Weldon

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - Joe Cocker

"I Think It's Gonna Rain Today" - Pierce Turner

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - The Ian Campbell Folk Group

"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" - UB40

3 comments:

  1. UB40 when they were good so you get away with it Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all of you who like my version of this great Randy Newman song-you should be aware that it comes from my latest album "Love Can't Always Be Articulate" recorded in a Church here in Manhattan. The album cost $20,0000 to make, not to mention the sweat an toil. If you like it, please buy the album through my website-it's pathetic that I have to ask, but as you can see my work is being given away. All these other great artists didn't suffer such injustice. No reflection on Ernie, he's a supporter and lover of music, but this needs to be said. Thanks- Pierce Turner.

    ReplyDelete