Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Swamp Thing

Just slipping in under the wire, a late contender for album of the year from one of my musical heroes, Swamp Dogg. "The White Man Made Me Do It" came out in November but I only got hold of my copy a week or so back. I haven't been able to switch it off since - even at 72 he is still showing the youngsters how to do it properly.

One of the many stand-out tracks is this tribute to Sly Stone. We follow it up with some seasonally inappropriate sentiments from Sly himself.

"Can Anybody Tell Me Where Is Sly" - Swamp Dogg

"Hot Fun In The Summertime" - Sly & The Family Stone

Unfortunately, the lurgy has laid me low with the result that my plans for the evening now consist of going back to bed rather than grooving to the Minestrone of Sound. But for those of you planning a big night, please remember that a big night is often followed by the big light.

2 comments: