Search This Blog

Monday 17 November 2014

Disc Jacqui

Evening all.

I got back yesterday from an excellent holiday. The bulk of the time was spent in Nicaragua, somewhere I would recommend to all of you - groovy place, groovy people. You will not be surprised to learn that I picked up loads of local music - mostly on dodgy bootleg CDs retailing for 20 cordobas each (about 40p) - and I will be sharing the highlights with you as I work my way through it all. I am particularly looking forward to "Nicaraguan Hits of the 60s and 70s (Volumes 5 and 6)". If anyone out there has volumes 1 to 4, let me know.

Before coming home I made a slight detour to the wilder edges of New York State to see my cousin Jacqui and her family. Jacqui is even groovier than your average Nicaraguan, and this small selection of Jacquelines and Jackies (plus one Jaqee) is a sort of a tribute to her.

"Jacquelne" - Bobby Helms

"Jackie" - World of Oz

"Kokoo Girl" - Jaqee

"Both Ends Against The Middle" - Jackie Moore 

"Le Coeur Au Bout Des Doigts" - Jacqueline Taleb

"Jackie Blue" - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils


3 comments:

  1. I'm listening to the World Of Oz in the hope tahat there's a radical change in the next few seconds........

    ReplyDelete
  2. .............nope. But the french song about the heart at the end of your fingers (??) is quite good. And the Ozark Nountain Daredevils song is somehow a bit familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jackie by World of Oz. More blue-eyed soul like this please Mr Goggins. M

    ReplyDelete