Search This Blog

Saturday 4 October 2014

Oggins Bloggings

You can blame George at Jim McLean's Rabbit for this one. He asked for a post on the theme of "people whose name rhymes with Oggins". Apart from a handful of Loggins & Messina tracks that I have left out to avoid this becoming what might be called a Loggins-jam, this is all I can offer. The quality is, I think it is fair to say, somewhat variable. We start with Cousin Curby and end with Dr. Pants. Read into that what you will.

"Come Home To Daddy" - Curby Goggins
 

"Please Come To Boston" - Dave Loggins

"Boogie In Muskogee" - Enois Scroggins

"
Kenny Loggins" - Dr. Pants


3 comments:

  1. Before I listen to any of the tracks I am going to do some internet searching. Because I think you made those names up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK listened to them all. First one, by your cousin, is very very good. The second one had Jo and I looking at each other snad thinking this is not good, 3rd one nondescript Rick James-lite, and Dr Pants is somewhat catchy, although the person sitting to my right I suspect think it's crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anything you are possibly being overly generous to numbers 3 and 4, although "Boogie in Muskogee" appears to be quite popular, for reasons that defeat me. I must confess to having a soft spot for "Please Come To Boston", although I much prefer the Joan Baez cover version to the original.

    ReplyDelete