Search This Blog

Friday 9 May 2014

2007: Nul Points

As any fule do kno, it is Eurovision tomorrow night.

A couple of weeks ago I found in a charity shop the official CD for the 2007 Eurovision contest, featuring all 42 entries. I took it as a sign and splashed out £1 on it. I should not have done. 2007 was not a vintage year, being won by a dreary Serbian ballad. Here are a couple of the more tolerable entries, from Bulgaria (5th) and Belgium (knocked out in the semi-final).

"Water" -  Elitsa Todorova And Stoyan Yankoulov

"Love Power" - The KMG's

I am not foolish enough to bet on the result of Eurovision, having been wrong almost every year, but if I was my money would be on Conchita Wurst from Austria. Our woman with her people power song is an improvement on recent UK entries, but she can't compete with a striking bearded transvestite singing a power ballad about rising like a phoenix and being reborn.


1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute, ESC2007 not a vintage year? It featured this:

    http://youtu.be/GP5YOhQZtlA?t=3m18s

    ReplyDelete