Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Let's Get This Show On The Road

We're back. I flew in from Cape Town this morning laden down with goodies to share with you. I have lots more Tsonga music - disco and traditional - from old friends such as Penny Penny and General Muzka, various members of the Chauke clan, and some names that are new to me such as George Maluleke. On top of that we have other delights such as some 1970s Cape Town soul, 1980s Afro-Pop from Pat Shange, and the intriguing Mr Chacklas.

It is going to take me a while to sort through it all, so please bear with me. In the meantime, in tribute to the eleven hours I spent staring at the back of the chair in front of me and wishing I was able to sleep on planes, here are some aeroplane based tunes for you.

"Next Plane To London" - The Rose Garden (1968)

"I Lost My Heart On A 747" - Tom Paxton (1972)

"Jet Airliner" - The Steve Miller Band (1977)

And here is Billy J Kramer expounding on all sorts of transport options:

No comments:

Post a Comment