Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2009

Mpharanyana on Monday - Brief Reprise

Newer readers may have missed the "Mpharanyana on Monday" series we ran earlier in the year (when I say "we", I mean "I"). The purpose behind it was to bring the work of Mpharanyana, the premier South African soul singer of the 1970s, to a bigger audience.

I thought it was about time "we" added a couple more tracks. So here are "Be A Man" and "Morena Rethusa Kaofela".

If you liked those - and you really should have - and want some more, here is a link to all the Mpharanyana tracks I've posted previously:

http://www.box.net/shared/63t579006s

Mpharanyana sadly died way back in 1979 and, unsurprisingly, there are no clips of him in performance on YouTube. So here is something completely unrelated, an old favourite of mine from 1980 - Mr Rocky Burnette with "Tired Of Toein' The Line". This video must have cost literally tens of dollars to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment